Saturday 9 January 2010

Let's get down on it...


I was looking for an image that conveyed excitement and I picked this one for two reasons. Firstly because it looks so warm there and I am fed up of feeling cold in my own home. Also it reminded me of something that I did whilst A was in Iraq, and that was paragliding. However that was more exhilirating than exciting, in part because I am scared of heights, so spent the first half of the flight with my eyes tightly shut!
In a way I feel that I am on a similar journey just now in that one of my intentions this year is to get work as a paid writer. I am already a published writer but in a non-paid capacity. In the last 48 hours or so I have been involved in a whirlwind of activity which has seen the development of Judith's room, a community for women who write. There are now over 165 members from around the world so it has really hit on a nerve, and it is fantastic to be a founding member of such an initiative. In addition, I have been asked to be a guest blogger elsewhere and I am being contacted next week about writing a column for another magazine so it is all happening.
I am sharing this with you because I believe that we can all have this level of success with the intentions we set, if they are in line with what is important to us with respect to the rest of our life. So often however, we are unaware of our thoughts and values at a sub-conscious level, which in turn thwart us from having the success we crave outwardly. I believe it is important to look at any dream from a mind, body, spirit and heart space perspective so that we can achieve congruence between who we are and what we express are our desires. This to some degree starts to unpack what wholeness means to me. So do share, what do you think and what are your intentions for 2010? How well have they been shaping up since the beginning of the year?


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, congrats on being asked to be a columnist! How exciting. I have grabbed 2010 by the balls and have embarked on a journey to lose my remaining baby weight and above all get fit! I'm planning to blog my way through my experiences as an incentive to keep going. It's going well so far, and I'm actually really looking forward to trying out some new exercise groups. Let me know what magazine you'll be doing a column for, I would love to read x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep u posted as it is still being finalised and I have a feeling it will be online rather than one you can buy. Well done you, it is a good goal to have. It took me 2 years after my second to lose the baby weight and I think some of it came back on over Christmas! Writing about it can make it more real. PS tried to find you on JR but couldn't so cd u find me and then we can be friends, whatever that means...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soo excited for you Kate!!! You are a FABULOUS, inspirational writer!
    Keep me posted on your process because I know as you intend it, the doors will open to show you the direction for that dream to unfold this year!
    Here's to a fabulous, rewarding (financially and otherwise) 2010 girl!
    sandra Huber- CEO
    Chief Encouraging Officer
    The Soulful Parent

    ReplyDelete